Pediatric dentistry is dedicated to the oral health of children from infancy through the teen years. We have the experience and qualifications to care for a child’s teeth, gums, and mouth throughout the various stages of childhood.
Children begin to get their baby teeth during the first 6 months of life. By age 6 or 7 years, they start to lose their first set of teeth, which are eventually replaced by secondary, permanent teeth. Without proper dental care, children may face possible oral decay and disease that can cause a lifetime of pain and complications.
Did you know that early childhood dental infections and problems are 5 times more common in children than asthma and 7 times more common than hay fever?
Pediatric Dentistry provides comprehensive oral health care that includes the following:
- Infant oral health exams, which include risk assessments
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
- Habit counseling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulae, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
Children are small adults, however, they are not always able to be patient and cooperative during a dental exam. Pediatric dentists know how to examine and treat children in ways that make them comfortable. In addition, pediatric dentists use specially designed equipment in offices that are arranged and decorated with children in mind.
A pediatric dentist offers a wide range of treatment options, as well as expertise and training to care for your child’s teeth, gums, and mouth. When our pediatrician suggests that your child receive a dental exam, you can be assured that a pediatric dentist will provide the best possible care.
Book Appointment Today
Please select service, date and provider then click on the Find Appointments button.